Thank you for the contributions to this page from the Strout family collection.
During the history of the town of Casco, there have been five post offices: Cooks, North Raymond (1), Songo Lock, South Casco, and Webb Mills.
Briefly, the history of these five is as follows:
1. Cooks post office was established on 17 May 1898 and closed on 14 April 1906.
2. North Raymond (1) post office was established on 25 July 1829 and was renamed as Casco post office on 16 August 1842, which is still operating.
3. Songo Lock post office opened on 3 March 1893 and closed on 15 October 1912.
4. South Casco post office was established on 4 March 1856 and is still operating.
5. Webb Mills post office was established on 17 November 1853. It was renamed on 16 July 1925 as Crescent Lake post office, which closed on 30 June 1957.
In 1914, there were three post offices in Casco: Casco, South Casco, and Webb Mills. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
Click on image to enlarge.